Thursday 18 October 2012

Pernes les Fontaines and L'Isle sur la sorgue

These are two villages very near our house.  The first one is really old and used to have a stone wall around it.  There is only a bit of the wall still left and an old draw bridge and some of the fort buildings. the town has 40 fountains in it and water that runs under it to the fountains.





The second one is really pretty, it has lots of canals, mum says its like Venice in Italy - I don't know I haven't been there, but I like this one.  It had a huge market with lots of food.  We ate really yummy chicken and potatoes and ice cream.  There were lots of vegetables and fruit and olives everywhere. I don't think I like olives but mum says I should try one while we are here.  The restaurants have tables and chairs on the bridges over the canals, i think it would be fun to eat there.





No comments:

Post a Comment